What information is in this dapoxetine instruction?
- Operation and use of dapoxetine
- Information before you take dapoxetine
- Administration of dapoxetine
- Side effects and hazards
- Store the dapoxetine instruction
1. Operation and use of dapoxetine
Dapoxetine belongs to a group of medicines called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). This medication is also regularly used as a urological medicine. Dapoxetine ensures that you need more time to ejaculate and can also improve control over ejaculations. This can reduce frustration or worry about rapid ejaculation. In general, dapoxetine is used to treat premature ejaculation in adult men aged 18 to 64 years. Premature ejaculation is when a man ejaculates with little sexual stimulation and before the man in question actually wants it. This can cause mental problems for men and problems in sexual relationships.
You may also like: Which Diagnosis Is Associated With Your Erectile Dysfunction?
2. Information before you take dapoxetine
Dapoxetine is medication that generally does not cause any problems if you follow the recommendations properly during use. However, there are some situations where the use of dapoxetine is not recommended.
f you have erection problems then you often have a number of questions. In order to better identify your situation and answer most questions, we have compiled a checklist. Going through this checklist can provide a lot more peace and clarity in your situation. Table of Contents 1. Do you have any of the following […]
Do not use dapoxetine in the following situations:
- Allergy to dapoxetine or to one of the other ingredients of this medicine
- Heart problems – such as heart failure or a heart rhythm disorder
- Past with fainting
- Past with mania or major depression
- Moderate or severe liver problems
If you are dealing with the above situations, always contact a doctor before you start using dapoxetine.
Children and adolescents
This medicine is unsuitable for children or adolescents under 18 years of age.
Warnings and precautions
Always contact a doctor, pharmacist or nurse for the use of dapoxetine if:
- No diagnosis of premature ejaculation has been established
- Other sexual problems such as erectile dysfunction
- Suffer from dizziness due to low blood pressure
- Use of recreational drugs such as ecstasy, LSD, narcotics or benzodiazepines
- Regular consumption of alcohol
- Past with mental health problem such as depression, mania, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia
- You have epilepsy
- History of bleeding or clotting problems
- You have kidney problems
- Increased risk of high pressure in the eye (glaucoma)
Combination with other medicines
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines. This also applies to medicines that are available without a prescription, such as herbal medicines.
You may also like: Vardenafil Instruction (Levitra)
Do not take dapoxetine at the same time with one of the following medicines:
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors against depression
- Thioridazine used for schizophrenia
- Other medicines for depression
- Lithium – a medicine for bipolar disorder
- Linezolid – an antibiotic used to treat infections
- Tryptophan – a medicine to help you sleep
- St. John’s wort – a herbal medicine
- Tramadol – used to treat severe pain
- Medicines for the treatment of migraine
Conversely, wait 7 days after stopping dapoxetine before taking any of the medicines mentioned above. In case of doubt, always consult a doctor or pharmacist.
- Certain fungal infection medicines – including ketoconazole and itraconazole
- Anti-HIV medicines – including ritonavir, saquinavir, nelfinavir and atazanavir
- Antibiotics for the treatment of infections – including telithromycin
- Nefazodone – an antidepressant
Only combine medicines with dapoxetine after consulting a doctor:
- Drugs for mental health problems other than depression
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen or acetylsalicylic acid
- Blood thinners
- PDE5 inhibitors such as sildenafil, tadalafil, avanafil or vardenafil
- Treatment of high blood pressure, chest pain or enlarged prostate
- Treatments for fungal infection – such as fluconazole
- Medication for HIV – including amprenavir and fosamprenavir
- Antibiotics for the treatment of infections – such as erythromycin and clarithromycin
- Aprepitant – used to treat nausea
If you are unsure whether any of the above applies to you, consult a doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine.
Dapoxetine instruction with food and alcohol
- This medicine can be taken with or without food
- Take with at least one full glass of water
- Avoid alcohol when using this medicine
- The effects of alcohol can be enhanced by the use of dapoxetine
Pregnancy, breastfeeding and fertility
This medicine is not suitable for use by women.
Driving and using machines
You may feel sleepy, dizzy, weak, unconcentrated while taking dapoxetine. In addition, it is possible that your eyesight is not optimal. If you experience any of these symptoms, it is not wise to participate in traffic, to drive heavy machines or to work with tools.
Dapoxetine contains lactose. Contact a doctor if you have an allergy or intolerance to this.
3. Administration of dapoxetine
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has explained. Consult a doctor or pharmacist if there is any doubt about this for any reason.
- The recommended dose is 30 mg. A doctor can increase the dose to 60 mg
- Take the medicine 1 to 3 hours before sexual activity is expected
- Do not use this medicine more than once every 24 hours
- Swallow the tablets whole to prevent a bitter taste with at least one full glass of water. This can help reduce your chance of fainting
- Dapoxetine can be taken with or without food
- Unsuitable for use by men younger than 18 or older than 65 years
- After 4 weeks or 6 doses, discuss the progress with a doctor to see if you should continue treatment. If treatment is continued, consult a doctor every six months.
What to do with an overdose of dapoxetine
Contact a doctor or pharmacist immediately. Certainly if there are (serious) side effects.
What to do after stopping the use of dapoxetine
Contact a doctor or pharmacist if you stop taking dapoxetine. You may experience some side effects such as dizziness. In addition, it is possible that you have doubts or questions about certain matters.
You may also like: Ideal Solution For Erection Problems – Kamagra Oral Jelly
4. Side effects and hazards
As with almost any medicine, it is possible that you will experience side effects with the use of dapoxetine. However, this is not always the case. However, if you experience significant side effects, always contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Stop taking dapoxetine and consult a doctor immediately if:
- Charge of attacks (seizures)
- You faint or feel lightheaded when you get up
- Noticeable changes in your mood
- You have thoughts about suicide or harming yourself
If you notice any of the above symptoms, stop taking this medicine and consult a doctor immediately.
Very common side effects (more than 1 in 10 men):
- To feel sick
Regular side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 men):
- Feeling irritable, anxious, agitated or restless
- Feeling numb or absent
- Difficulties in getting or maintaining an erection
- Excessive sweating
- Diarrhea, constipation or flatulence
- Stomach pain, bloating or being sick
- Problems with sleeping or strange dreams
- Feeling tired or sleepy
- Stuffy nose
- An increase in blood pressure
- Difficulty concentrating
- Shake or shake
- Lower interest in sex
- Ringing in the ears
- Blurry sight
- Blockage bowel movement
- Dry mouth
Uncommon side effects (up to 1 in 100 men):
- Fainting or feeling dizzy
- A change in state of mind, feeling overly excited or feelings of paranoia
- Confused, disoriented or unable to think clearly
- Slow or irregular heartbeat or increase in heartbeat
- Loss of libido, problems reaching an orgasm
- Feeling weak, numb, tired or tired
- Feeling depressed, nervous or indifferent
- Feeling warm, nervous, abnormal or drunk
- Problems with eyesight, eye pain or dilated pupils
- Low or high blood pressure
- Feeling itchy or cold sweat
- Turning feeling
- Abnormal taste in the mouth
- Grinding the teeth
Rare side effects (up to 1 in 1,000 men):
- Dizziness after exertion
- Sudden onset of sleep
- Urgency of bowel function
5. Keep the Dapoxetine package instruction
- This medicine does not require any special storage conditions
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date. This can be found on the box after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month
- Do not dispose of medicines through wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines that you no longer use. These measures help protect the environment