What information can I find in this Vardenafil instruction?
- What is Vardenafil used for?
- Important information regarding the use of Vardenafil
- Information about taking Vardenafil
- Possible side effects listed in this Vardenafil instruction
- Storage advice Vardenafil
1. What is Vardenafil used for?
The medicine Vardenafil is a member of a group of medicines that we call PDE5 inhibitors. These are agents that are used to treat men who have erection problems. These are men who have problems getting or maintaining an erection in order to have satisfactory sexual intercourse.
Vardenafil only works if there is also a sexual incentive at the same time. It blocks the functioning of certain enzymes in the body that regulate the tightening and relaxing of the corpora cavernosa. Vardenafil ensures better regulation of the most important mechanisms that are responsible for getting a healthy erection.
You may also like: Erection problems As a result of AAS use
2. Important information regarding the use of Vardenafil
Vardenafil is a medicine that can usually be used without many problems or side effects. There are, however, a number of situations where the risk of these matters increases considerably. Always contact a doctor or pharmacist if you are confronted with such circumstances.
Situations in which it is not wise to use Vardenafil:
- Allergy to the active substance Vardenafil or one of the other ingredients that the medication contains
- Combination contain nitrates. Glycerol trinitrate treatments for angina or nitric oxide such as amyl nitrite are a good example. Combined with Vardenafil, these can seriously affect your blood pressure
- Use of ritonavir or indinavir. These are medicines for the treatment of HIV
- Use of ketaconazole or itraconazole in men over 75 years of age
- Severe heart or liver problems
- Kidney dialysis
- Experience with stroke or a heart attack
- Low bloodpressure
- History of degenerative eye diseases in the family
- Reduced vision due to damage to the optic nerve due to insufficient blood supply
- Combined with the means riociguat. This is used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension and chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension
Take special care with Vardenafil in the following cases:
- Heart problems. Having sex can be risky
- Irregular heartbeat or other heart diseases
- Severe distortion of the penis
- Priapism due to sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma or leukemia
- Chronic stomach ulcers
- Haemophilia or other blood disorders
- Use of other erection agents
- Sudden deterioration of vision
Use by children or adolescents
Vardenafil is not intended for use by children or adolescents under 18 years of age.
Combination with other medicines
Always indicate clearly if you use other medication in addition to Vardenafil. This also means resources that can be used without a prescription.
Some medicines that can cause problems in combination with the use of Vardenafil are:
- Alpha-blockers – for treatment of high blood pressure or an enlarged prostate
- Medication containing nitrates – agents for the treatment of angina or nitric oxide donors such as amyl nitrite. The use of Vardenafil in combination with these medicines can influence blood pressure.
- Medicines for the treatment of cardiac arrhythmias
- Ritonavir or indinavir medication for the treatment of HIV
- Ketoconazole or itraconazole – used to treat fungi
- Clarithromycin, erythromycin or macrolide antibiotics
Combination with food, drink and alcohol
- Alcohol has a negative effect on getting an erection, even after using erectives.
- It is not advisable to use grapefruit juice within 24 hours before or after use. Grapefruit juice can change how Vardenafil works.
- The medicine can be taken with or without food. However, it is true that large – certainly high-fat – meals can slow down the absorption rate of the active substance.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Vardenafil is not suitable for use by women.
Driving and using heavy machines
You may experience poor vision or dizziness after taking Vardenafil. If this is the case, it is not advisable to drive a vehicle, operate heavy machinery or use tools.
3. Information about taking Vardenafil
Always use this medicine according to the guidelines indicated in this Vardenafil instruction. If you are unsure whether these are applicable to you, just to be sure, ask a doctor how the fork fits exactly.
The standard dose is 10 mg. This is best taken 25-30 minutes before sexual intercourse. The medicine will be active within half an hour and will remain active for 4-5 hours. The tablets can be taken whole with a glass of water.
What to do if you have taken too much Vardenafil
If you have taken more Vardenafil than is recommended, it is a good idea to report this to a doctor. This is usually not a disaster. One of the most common complaints in such a situation is lower back pain.
4. Any side effects listed in this Vardenafil instruction
With a medicine such as Vardenafil, it is always possible that you will experience side effects. This does not apply to most people and, moreover, the side effects are usually fairly mild. Nevertheless, always contact a doctor if you are faced with side effects to prevent unpleasant situations.
Side effects that occur regularly (1 in 10 users):
- To blush
- Clogged nose or runny nose
- Blockage bowel movement
Uncommon side effects (1 in 100 users):
- Stomach complaints
- Problems with sleeping
- Skin rash
- muscle strain
- Long-lasting erections
- Ringing in the ears
- Skin rash
- Increased heartrate
Side effects that exceptionally occur (1 in 1000 users):
- Faint feeling
- Sore eyes
- Heart complaints
- Sore chest
- Allergic reaction to one of the ingredients
- Anxiety attacks
- Increase pressure in the eye or more tear fluid
- High or low blood pressure
- Nose bleeding
- Sensitive skin when exposed to sunlight
- Pain with erections
If you experience side effects with a clearly present side effect, always contact a doctor. This also applies to side effects not mentioned in this Vardenafil instruction.
5. Vardenafil storage advice
Always keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
It is not recommended to use this erectile remedy after the expiry date. This can be found on the package after the abbreviation “EXP”. The expiry date refers to the last day of the month that is indicated on the package.
Never dispose of this medication through wastewater or in the garbage can. Always ask the pharmacist what you can do best if you want to throw away such medicines. Such measures are also better for the environment.